Not much technical stuff updated. The past few weeks I’ve been animating the characters rigged by my autorig scripts. New ideas keep coming up :
- Having a picker UI is more handy, especially when posing gesture.
- On-spot eye rotation controls are better than the aim control. Selecting and translating the aim control and then the corresponding control for each eye are not efficient.
- Soft IK is helpful. When the arm/leg moves slowly, the pop becomes obvious.
- Avoid FK/IK switching. Use IK for the whole shot even when it is needed for certain period only. The switching could be troublesome sometimes.
- The elbow joint should NOT be placed too far from the mid point. The forearm may look weird when you twist the hand.
By the way I find the great animatic / layout / pencil test of “A Soñar con Disney”. Can’t stop watching it again and again. http://hookupanimation.blogspot.hk/p/hook-up-animations-10-anniversary.html